Tuesday 13 March 2012

Ongoing...

I took a while to think whether or not to post about this, as I don't want to dishearten people just starting the recovery path, but I decided to advertise it as you have a hard time getting over it then you are in an amazing place, it is an ongoing process.

This became clear to me, while on a train back to University.  A bloke behind me who looked perfectly harmless, was drinking a can of Stella, just the smell and his breath sent shivers down my spine - this is what both my attackers had been drinking or smelt of. After the shivers, I was completely restless I was not able to get comfortable or settle down, whereas before I was almost drifting off to sleep. He did not harm me in anyway in fact he was extremely pleasant helping me with my suitcase off the train, which only made me feel worse by the feeling I had had on the train.

Anyway, this is mainly just to explain that there are always going to be triggers that bring back those horrific memories that we would all prefer to forget. But that is not possible, well not as quickly as we would like anyway.

So support and love to you
don't forget I am an email away even if it is, to tell me about the triggers you experience.
Society Slut
x

No comments:

Post a Comment